Seeking an ambitious sales “hunter” to lead all new prospecting and business development activities throughout California, Oregon, and Washington for an innovative water purification equipment company. As a Regional Sales Representative you will call directly on a variety of industrial customers such as Food & Beverage, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, Chemical Mfg, Automotive, Textile, Agriculture, and others. Prior experience selling technical products such as capital equipment, filtration systems, instrumentation & controls, chemicals, or other industrial supplies to these target markets is essential.
This position offers flexibility to live anywhere within the defined territory and will operate out of a home office. Compensation includes a very attractive base salary, uncapped sales commissions, and comprehensive benefits.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Create detailed prospecting strategies for the defined sales territory.
- Develop leads, prepare target account lists, and conduct sales calls at industrial plant locations.
- Prepare short-term and long-term sales goals for company products.
- Sell new packaged water purification equipment systems directly to target customers.
- Leverage inside sales and marketing teams to generate leads and to build sales pipelines.
- Utilize marketing collateral (email campaigns, webinars, case studies, demos, and other social media content) to reach new prospects.
- Collaborate with in-house technical experts to define customers’ requirements, develop commercial proposals, and to help close new business in a team selling environment.
- Record all prospecting and account management activity in central CRM database.
- Travel extensively (50%+) as needed throughout the territory to drive new growth.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Engineering or other Technical field.
- 5+ years of territory development and enterprise sales experience.
- Prior experience selling capital equipment systems, filtration systems, instrumentation & control packages, or other technical products preferred.
- Prefer candidate to have existing relationships within one or more of the following industries: Food & Beverage, Power Generation, Automotive, Primary Metals, Mining, Oil and Gas, Refining, Petrochemical, Chemical, Municipal, Manufacturing, and/or Pulp & Paper.
- Must have well-developed prospecting and cold-calling skills, including use of technology and social media tools.
- Clear track record of high sales achievements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability and willingness to travel over 50%.
Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.