If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence, and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist located in Nashville, TN.
The Data Scientist focuses on understanding internal and external stakeholder’s strategic business objectives, relating those objectives to measurable indicators, and working with other members of the team to deliver analytic products and services, creating insights and strategies to promote continuous performance improvements for the enterprise.
- Solve key business challenges through leading edge data analytics, predictive modeling and customer insights.
- Deliver data and insights to business partners enabling the best decisions possible to drive revenue growth, care delivery, and patient and physician outcomes and satisfaction.
- Understand use cases with business stakeholders across the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business solutions.
- Develop and execute predictive and prescriptive modeling projects prompted by business needs.
- Build unstructured data applications including NLP, pattern sensing and classification and data-mining algorithms.
- Prepare and present visualizations and stories that make it easy for everyone to understand, trust, and make decisions with the results.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to implement models into production and monitor outcomes.
- Use automation tools to validate and continually prove the effectiveness of predictive and prescriptive models.
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of the Data Science field by researching new techniques and best practices within the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science from an accredited university or college. Minimum three (3) years of cloud and big data technologies work experience. Healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge and experience with the following:
- New and emerging data and analytics technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, Elastic, AWS, etc.)
- Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Unstructured data (such as text, tensors, or embedding objects)
- Machine learning techniques including clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandr
- AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Analytic tools analytic tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.
Message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data store