ClinicClClinical Applications Specialist
This position is responsible for system maintenance, providing training and user support for the clinical electronic documentation system, and oversight of training content. This results in efficient system operations as evidenced by applications that meet patient care and organizational needs, competent staff utilization, a continuous quality improvement approach and proactive use of technology.
- Works with vendor client services to maintain effective operation of the system.
- Tracks/trends problems and issues related to the computerized records.
- Collaborates with clinical services personnel to identify clinical documentation and management reports and needs.
- Follows through with appropriate implementation of file maintenance and custom design profiles.
- Maintains knowledge of system updates with timely implementation.
- Respond to and resolve clinical application user issues/problems/questions in a timely manner to avoid disruption of patient care.
- Research and document knowledge base solutions and training.
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports from clinical systems as requested.
- Collaborates with clinical service personnel to develop applications consistent with company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Promotes appropriate and full utilization of electronic documentation systems.
- Provides educational opportunities for ongoing review and one-on-one instruction/remediation that arise from providing support.
- Implements a continuous quality improvement approach to daily operations.
- Actively contributes to and participates in organizational process improvement.
- Collaborates with peers and agency managers to promote consistency in electronic applications.
- Collaborates with associates by providing content/details regarding the electronic documentation system to allow design and implement a training curriculum.
- Actively participates in user groups.
- Utilizes internal and external resources to enhance individual knowledge and system enhancements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Current Driver’s License, car insurance and reliable transportation
- Four (4) years of clinical or management support experience in homecare
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in clinical software application use and/or support. Experience with Homecare Homebase preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and a demonstrated desire to learn clinical applications.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Understanding of process improvement methodologies.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to manage highly detailed issues.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and effective teaching skills.