Our client is looking for a Controls Engineer to join their team at their greater Portland, OR area facility. A candidate with fluid power knowledge is a plus. Travel 5-10%.
Greater Portland, OR
- Using AutoCAD, develop electrical designs and schematics
- Provide input with quote preparation as required working with the Sales team
- Work with vendors and do research on their products for system assembly
- Create submittals and bill of materials for customers
- Development of training instructions as well as creation of operation and maintenance manuals
- Review hydraulic and mechanical design drawings for electrical requirements
- To comply with customer requirements, review project specifications
- Provide troubleshooting for installation and field testing
- Working with electrical panel department and other engineers, train them on electrical practices and procedures.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar field
- Experience of 3+ years in Industrial Controls design and engineering
- AutoCAD Electrical knowledge required. Inventor experience a plus
- Able to program VFD’s, Controllers, HMI’s and PLC’s.
- Knowledge and understanding of NFPA and UL standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication and writing skills
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with a team and also work individually to meet goals
You will be rewarded with an industry-competitive compensation plan and great company