Our client is seeking a Director of Engineering and Reliability to work in San Antonio, TX. This position also requires international travel.
This position is responsible for the management of Global Operations engineering, capital and maintenance/reliability systems across the Company’s various locations worldwide. The incumbent will be responsible for the development and execution of the annual and three-year capital plans. Provides engineering and reliability support and expertise to the operations and maintenance teams as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Development of an engineering strategy to support the company’s short & long term objectives.
- Creation of a culture where excellence in innovation, integrated solution development, project delivery and continuous learning are evident.
- Responsible for a “clean sheet” assessment of the company’s current state, as it pertains to capital, a five-year future state vision of technology and a phased transition plan (including resource and investment requirements).
- Responsible for the development of the annual and long-term capital plans by developing engineering and maintenance plans and process improvements, leading the definition of critical projects, assigning budgetary costs to projects, attending project support meetings and supporting other departments.
- Build the project management and execution capabilities across the company to enable the successful completion of major projects and the development of a robust reliable infrastructure (equipment and facilities) to meet the demands of the business.
- Leading engineering and partnering with operations in the development and launch of new products and product lines.
- Lead upgrades to areas such as plant automation, manufacturing equipment, reliability engineering, and facilities improvements.
- Aid in the assessment of possible merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Ensure all projects are in compliance with applicable laws, building codes, regulations and other certification requirements.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate engineering resources across the company, including the establishment of an engineering network to share best practices.
- Responsible for managing financial controls associated with capital projects and supporting operations and maintenance through project implementation.
- With Operations teams, support development and implementation of Autonomous Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance to grow our overall skill set and improve equipment reliability across our technology platforms.
- Leverage company Platform teams and subject matter experience/experts to advance current maintenance and reliability efforts through enhanced communication and best practice sharing by driving their application globally.
- Work with cross functional departments to develop a standard maintenance capability assessment tool, that includes developmental plans for personnel so that we can grow our skill base internally, retain and grow talent.
- Make recommendations for standardized computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, planned/predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory/sharing, MRO management, and maintenance history of plant equipment on a global basis.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have at least ten years of experience in either food manufacturing or CPG industries.
- Must have the ability to travel regularly to all facilities globally.
- Proven track record of building a successful engineering team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources.
- Experience leading large scale change efforts and have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of Lean.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest project and capital management software packages.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes.
- Self motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills.
- Experience in setting up and managing a world class TQM program.
- Strong background in HACCP/HARPC; safety; GMP; and AIB, SQF, etc.
- Must have a hands-on work ethic along with the ability to think strategically about capital projects and the alignment with business objectives and strategy.
- Supervisory responsibilities include monitoring the performance of the Corporate Engineering Team directly and the plant maintenance teams indirectly. These responsibilities include making decisions on staffing needs; disciplinary actions; development and evaluation of work objectives and their effectiveness; and realigning projects and associate’s assignments as necessary.