Field Applications Engineer–Stress Analysis
Location: Wendell, NC
We are a global OEM manufacturer dedicated to the development, manufacture and marketing of sensors for high-precision strain measurement.
Our products are used throughout the world – in the practice of stress analysis and as the sensing elements in a wide variety of transducers for measuring physical quantities including weight, force, torque, pressure and more.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Field Applications Engineer to join our team in Wendell, NC. This position is responsible for offering technical support to Customer Service, Technical Sales Managers, branch offices and Sales Representatives worldwide (engineering drawings, P/Ns, alternate gauges, etc.). This role will be instrumental in identifying industry trends, developing relationships with customers, and focusing on “designing in” our gauges into our customer’s products.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Work directly with customers to understand their unique requirements or challenges, while consulting with the Application Engineering Manager, R&D Manager or other functions in order to offer the right solution for our customer’s needs.
- Identify new business opportunities, development of new customers and market applications in conjunction with Marketing. Provide technical support to our reps and the OEM customers worldwide.
- Raise awareness for non-standard products and technical capabilities and increasing the number of special solutions.
- Work effectively with other staff members such as the Sales Managers or FAEs to resolve technical problems.
- Research, analyze and compile data. Provide input to R&D and QA for the direction of new products and qualification tests of existing products.
- Travel (up to 25%) to customer locations, attend workshops, and make sales visits.
- Provide design support, for integration into new products.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (mechanical engineering, material engineering, etc.).
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Experience in sensors design, structural testing, and product qualification testing, electronic components soldering, or similar area is an advantage.
- Excellent communicator, ability to build trusting relationships with customers.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, results driven
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401k with employer match