Sr. Technical Project Manager – Financial Services
Location: Boston, MA
The Senior Technical Project Manager supports the firm and end users for the development of strategic technology projects. The primary goals will be to assist in developing vision, strategic direction, technical standards and coordination of information technology, through management, cost control of information, communication systems and projects. This position will require process and project management capabilities and technical acumen.
• Partner with business units, systems infrastructure team, and application developers in the communication of required functionality of new systems or enhanced functionality in existing applications.
• Review/analyze a business environment and identify productivity initiatives that bring value to the business or provide cost savings.
• Elicit, document and manage business requirements.
• Set meeting agendas, document meeting minutes, and track/resolve action items including providing status to teams and project managers.
• Analyze business processes and procedures, identifying productivity improvement opportunities that deliver value to the business.
• Work closely with the technical team and business teams to ensure that developed functionality meets requirements.
• Work with the business teams on all areas of implementation, including process and procedure description, test case development, process testing, training, measurement and reporting.
• Direct and facilitate committees and teams established to implement these new or ongoing initiatives, providing agendas, minutes, decision updates, and action items as needed.
• When necessary, work closely with outside consultants and vendors.
• Perform project management tasks for all technology projects in the office, from an oversight perspective with other Business Analysts and Developers as well as from a hands-on standpoint.
• Perform Business Analyst duties, write SQL queries using MS SQL Server databases and a basic understanding of table relationships and query syntax, and assist in modifying or building reports for end users.
• Identify project risks and contingency plans, communicating project status to management and other stakeholders, and escalating issues to adjust project scope, resources or time lines.
• Work under minimal supervision on complex projects, while assisting less experienced peers.
• Other duties as assigned and specified by supervisor in line with Department and company needs.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• 3-5 years Project Management experience in a Financial Services firm preferable.
• 2 or more years of experience using MS Project to manage project plans.
• Experience in creating queries and reports using SQL compatible reporting tools.
• Knowledge of financial software development and use of databases, especially knowledgeable with database structures.
• Experience/understanding of business process reengineering, business systems development and analysis, and workflow analysis.
• Experience with AddVantage (Sungard System), GreenHill, Profx, OneSource, Hummingbird DM & Charles River is a plus.
• Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills with the ability to convey information to internal and external clients in a clear, focused and concise manner.
• Strong aptitude to self-start projects and to take ownership of every facet of projects through completion.
• Solid planning, organization, and project management skills.
• Ability to communicate well with end users and develop teamwork relationship with staff.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously while managing time effectively.
• Must be able to learn new concepts within a complex and demanding environment.
• Must be willing and able to “own” the process and take responsibility for meeting challenging deadlines. This will require flexibility in hours from time to time.
• Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to quality.
• Solid customer service skills.
• Be a self-starter who is able to organize and manage one’s workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Have a positive “can do” attitude and be willing to do whatever it takes to meet the goals.
• Desire to learn the Trust business as it relates to assigned technical projects. Financial industry experience a plus.
This position is exempt and is required to be in the office Monday through Friday. It may necessitate flexibility in hours from time to time with little or no advance notice. The Project Manager position is eligible to participate in the Remote Workplace Program.