$100-120K plus bonus
We currently have an opening for an experienced Automation Engineer for our Rochester, New York client. This Engineer will work as a key member of our clients manufacturing organization supporting all production operations, continuous improvement, Process Safety Management (PSM) and capital projects. This Automation Engineer will lead efforts to increase the safety, robustness and productivity of the manufacturing systems while optimizing production efficiency through process control and technology improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with Rockwell and ABB Automation/Distributed Control Systems.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) knowledge and/or experience.
- Must have experience working in a large manufacturing facility.
- Must have experience working with organic processes, chemical synthesis, working with tanks, pumps and fluids.
- Experience in Automated Data Management Systems or Process Mapping.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Strong project organizational skills is a must have.
- Will be responsible for programming and troubleshooting systems with: Rockwell PLC, Inbatch Software, ABB 800xA, SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Information System, Historian software, and Wonderware System Platform.
- Management of hardware systems to support all software requirements.
- Participate in PSM programs
- Site PSM leader for Safety Instrumented Systems and Interlocks.
To include: medical, dental, vision, paid holidays and vacation.