Process Control Engineer – Siemens PCS7
Job Location: Anywhere in the Western US.
Do you dislike where you live and would like to move somewhere in the western U.S.?
Do you currently live in the western U.S., but don’t have the job you want?
If you answered yes to either question AND you have experience with Process Control Systems using Siemens PCS7
, we would like you to apply to this position.
Our client is a small, dynamic control systems integrator. As a member of the team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of process controls applications and industries. As a premier industrial automation and controls provider, their goal is to fulfill its customers' automation, process control, and engineering needs.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, remotely, and with minimal supervision. You must be capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities. We are looking for a candidate who has a strong desire to learn. The company offers flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home over 50% of the time. The ideal candidate will live in the western United States.
- Experience with Siemens PCS7 and Siemens TIA Portal
- Understanding of ProfiBus
- Understanding of IP based networks
- Strong mechanical aptitude with proficiency in various instruments and hand tools, such as electrical multi-meters
- Experience with HMI design using WinCC, FactoryTalk View or Wonderware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of automation and controls experience
- Design and development of automation systems unassisted or within a team to achieve desired production targets.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot, modify and maintain automation systems.
- Write automation and computer software programs as necessary.
- Create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up.
- Able to read and interpret technical documentation (P&IDs, schematics, loop sheets, manuals, etc.).
- Experience commissioning VFDs
- Control panel design and build experience
- P&ID generation and modification
- Experience with Moor APACS
- Allen Bradly PLC and HMI programming
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.