Malware Security Researcher
Los Angeles, CA
Team is made up of leading threat and security researchers supported by advanced systems to innovate security technology and threat intelligence to protect our customers against known and new threats.
We overlook the portfolio of security technologies that makes for high detection without sacrificing system performance. The portfolio consists of modern and traditional components, like:
- Network detection
- Reputation and prevalence
- Machine Learning
- Cloud and Crowd detections
- Behavioral analysis
- Anti-virus engines and static scanners
Main responsibilities associated with this role will be Malware analysis, Reverse engineering, Vulnerability assessment. This individual will be the first member for this team located in the US.
Speaking experience is a HUGE plus as this person will be communicating with EMEA, India and US.
- Research, develop and improve methods for threat detection, protection and correction
- Writes technical reports based on the results of analysis
- Able to provide leadership and guidance for smaller projects and research reports
- Able to work with media as subject matter expert as needed
- Actively work with the threat research community
- Required to represent the team internally and externally
- BS degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong reverse engineering skills, ideally with 8+ years of relevant experience in malware analysis and reverse engineering in x86/x64
- Excellent understanding of modern programming languages
- Experience with debuggers such as windbg, gdb, ollydbg
- Experience with disassemblers such as IDA Pro or Binary Ninja
- Experience with malware detection languages such as YARA, Snort, or other static or behavioural signature languages
- Experience with various classes of document and scripting malware
- Experience with mobile and/or OSX malware a plus
- Able to make own tools where needed
- Experience working with network-related indicators (pDNS, domain registrations, certificates)
- Good understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure a plus
- Experience working with threat actor tracking a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We are looking for an individual who has some experience speaking in large conference to Cyber Security professionals and is strong in Malware Analysis.