My customer has an immediate need for an Embedded Engineer.
My customer is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Their product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Applications Engineer to support software development for 32-bit microcontrollers. Application areas include IoT, PoS and embedded security.
Candidates must have security protocols experience.
Principal/Staff Applications Engineer
- Degree in Electrical and/or Software Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of knowledge and experience in security firmware/software development
- Design and develop low level security software, including HSM peripheral driver code
- Provide solutions to complex security problems
- Solid understanding of industry standard security protocols such as AES, RSA, SHA, DES and others.
- Develop scalable device provisioning solutions and tools to support 32Bit MCUs
- Provide provisioning support to customers during prototype and production stages of product lifecycle
- Hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing embedded C code.
- Assist large account design activities, working directly with customers and field support team
Responsibilities and prerequisites in each critical area is described below:
Embedded Software Engineering
Applicant should have significant experience writing embedded software for 32-bit MCUs. The applicant will be tasked to maintain pre-existing software libraries and demos, as well as to write new libraries and demo applications. Experience with the C programming language as well as knowledge of cryptographic security concepts and standards (TLS, RSA, AES, SHA, authentication, encryption, certificate provisioning, key distribution, ECC, and others) is a primary requirement. Experience with the following software stacks is desired: TCP/IP, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi,
Applicant should have significant experience designing and debugging digital circuit. Applicant will be tasked to create demo applications that illustrate capabilities of 32-bit MCUs and software stacks. Such demo applications would naturally include both hardware and software elements.
Applicant should have significant experience writing instructional tutorials as well as documentation for demo applications, development boards, and software libraries. Applicant will be tasked to create documentation in each of those categories.
- Familiar with ARM Cortex-M microprocessor/microcontroller architectures is preferred.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS/Azure).
- Experience with general and IoT protocols such as TLS and MQTT is required.