Our customer has an immediate opening for a Field Service Engineer, with a background in CNC.
A global leader in the manufacturing of machines for processing aluminum, PVC and steel profiles. The company was founded almost a 100 years ago, employs over 700 people, and has subsidiaries and dealers in more than 50 countries worldwide. Despite the companies success in growing from a small craftsman’s enterprise into a global business, they have remained a friendly, down-to-earth company which exemplifies the values of SME businesses, such as quality, flexibility, personality, reliability and proximity to customers.
- The qualified candidate will be highly skilled and motivated to perform new machine installations, maintenance, machine tool diagnosis and repairs (mechanics, pneumatics, electronics).
- Training operating personnel.
- Documenting service visits and developing suggestions for technical improvements.
- Travel will be 100% of the time. Technicians are required to travel throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico Monday-Friday. Travel expenses, cell phone, tools and, uniforms will be provided. Bilingual candidates are a plus!
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (vacation, medical, dental, short/long term disability, life, and 401K); salary commensurate with experience.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of: automatic tool changer and pallet systems, ball screws, bearing replacement and alignment, spindle replacement and repairs, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair, turret repair and alignment, electrical and controls troubleshooting, and troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and a valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Technical training (mechanical or electrical engineer or similar); applicant should have a minimum 3 years of experience in CNC service and knowledge of CNC controls.