My customer has an immediate need for a Technical Sales/Bus. Dev. Manager. This is a direct hire opportunity and has a $1000 signing bonus.
- Generate new business development and maintain current account management related to metal-based additive product lines.
- Establish and execute profitable sales plan for existing and new products and customers through market intelligence and collaboration with the Vice President of Sales and Business Development.
- Develop new business opportunities and initiate R&D projects related to new product development.
- Position will develop into a Business/Sales Management role within 3-5 years.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed annual business goals and sales plan (revenue, profit, and volume) mutually agreed on with the Vice President of Sales and Business Development.
- Account and New Business Management
- Attain and increase business and expand product offerings at current accounts
- Distributor and agent management
o Address and communicate technical service-related issues
o High level of interaction with R&D and Production regarding new product development
o Define business justification for new products in existing or new markets
o Support new product initiatives through commercialization in conjunction with R&D and Production
- High degree of interaction with key support functions, including Customer Service, R&D and Production
- Support marketing (digital/trade shows) projects to support sales.
- Participate in both in-house and outside business and technical training. LEADERSHIP
- Accountability: Ability to hold themselves, peers, and supervisors accountable to company core values, key expectations, standards of ethics, and the overall well-being of initiatives and projects.
- Analytical Ability: Ability to diagnose common customer needs and issues, and to translate those needs into actionable solutions for a given department. Form conclusions rooted in data and in a mastery of market and customer needs; balances the need for short term results with patience to allow innovations to realize their potential and achievement of goals
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in specialty chemicals industry.
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales experience with an additives-related product line.
- Preferred Industry/application experiences:
- Application Chemistry: Polyurethanes, Silicones, Polyesters
- Application End-Use: Elastomers/Foams (polyurethanes), adhesives and sealants (polyurethane and silicone), coatings (polyurethane and silicone) and plastics and resins
- Experience in selling into a national or multi-regional territory
- Minimum 50% travel
- Minimum BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (MS in Organic Chemistry Preferred)
- Experience with both direct accounts selling/management and selling through distributors/agents
- Familiarity with basic accounting and finance concepts
- Experience in working with Microsoft 365, 365 Dynamics (CRM), Excel Pivot Tables, Teams/Skype
- Experience in working within an ISO9000/14000 environment